Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total Lunar Eclipse


Total Lunar Eclipse
Originally uploaded by theowl84
This night there was a big show on the sky. A total lunar eclipse over Graz, Austria. But when I got up at 3 a.m. I was very disappointed. There were clouds all over. So I went back to sleep until shortly before 4 am. Again, I went to my window and looked outside. I could see the moon, but only a slice of it. Then it disappeared.
A few moments later it was back on the sky. All clouds were gone and the moon turned red. That's what I wanted to see. I kept taking pictures for more than one hour until the earth moved away and the sun touched the moon again.
Interestingly, as soon as the moon started to reflect the sun's light, the clouds were visible again.

This was one of the days where I was happy to have my Canon EOS 400D camera with all the lenses I have got. For this picture I used the Vivitar 400mm f/5.6 with and without a 2x Minolta Teleconverter and my Canon EF 28-105mm USM lens. I needed to set the ISO to 800 most of the time as I the earth turns very fast when using a 800mm lens.

1 comment:

Kordula said...

HI!

Danke für deinen Kommentar. Für mich war es nicht so schwer, weil ich ja Flämisch lerne. :)

Schöne Fotos hast du da... muss ich schon sagen... wie bist denn überhaupt auf mein Blog gestolpert?

LG (wiedermal) aus dem Norden (diesmal nicht ganz so weit weg) ;)

K.